Artist of the Day: Last Winter Days Paintings - Harry Stooshinoff

Tree Line, Back Acres, Original Landscape Painting on Paper, Canada
tree line
Archival Print of Original Landscape Painting, Thaw, Trout Pond
thaw
Last Winter Days, Small Landscape Painting on Paper, Original
last winter days
Original Landscape Painting on Panel, 8.25 x 7.25 Inches, Entrance, Little Tree
little tree

The snow is relentless. It is hard to believe that the buds of spring are only weeks away.

Until they poke their heads through the snow, I won't believe it.

Peterborough Ontario based artist Harry Stooshinoff's landscapes of snow make winter snow beautiful.

---
artist bio: When I was a boy growing up in Saskatchewan, I used to look far into the distance and wish I had more trees around me....to protect me and make the place feel less empty. Now I have lots of trees around me, but I still like to look very far into the distance. It's a big, NOISY world... So I make small, quiet paintings... It makes a certain kind of sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment