What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?



I'm staying in...and making my lucky rice & bean soup.
 
If you want a lucky 2013, eat rice and beans. I don't know where I got that superstition, but I didn't eat lucky soup last year, and let's just say, it wasn't my year.

So I'm making lucky soup, reading magazines, and writing in my journal listening to jazz (my new favorite music), feels like the perfect way to usher in 2013.

Whatever it is that you're doing, have a happy and safe New Year.

This year's soup is a Hyderabad Vegetable Biryani hybrid. Apropos of nothing, I'm pairing it with tempura shrimp roll and a ginger beer, followed by a red velvet cake bite and a glass of black currant honey wine from the The Hive winery.
 
(for the wee hours, it's croissants with Italian truffle butter).
 
After dinner it's magazine reading time, (first on my resolution list is to stop buying magazines!)

Tomorrow I'll work on my new year's collage and resolutions.

Happy New Year!

Listen here, here, here and here.









































 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment