Twelve Days of Christmas Wish List: Homemade & Vintage Gifts

The month of gift giving, gluttony, and goodwill begins this Saturday.

I haven't hung one decoration. The tree and all the ornaments are upstairs in the abyss I call my studio. I have an urge to buy stuffed Grinch dolls and attach them to the wreaths I have yet to hang on the doors of my house.

I'm not saying I am a grinch, or feel like the Grinch, or that have anything against the season, I just understand him more and more.  My favorite Christmas stories are: A Christmas Carol, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and It's A Wonderful Life. I am drawn to the characters of Ebeneezer Scrooge, The Grinch, George Bailey.

If you think about it, all three are stories of redemption. We all need a little redemption. At least I do. What about you?

I decided to take another one of my favorite Christmas standards and give it a little twist. Instead of a true love giving me gifts, it's about discovering treasures that inspire and delight.

For the Twelve Days of Christmas I discovered:

one folk art bird primitive

two little dove wire drawing sculpture ornaments




 
 
three origami birds




 four sumo wrestlers



 
 
 
 
 
 

 ten santasaurus rex holiday cookies
 


 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment