Finch Lane Galleries Art Barn Holiday Show - 2012

carved clay beads


  carved and pierced bracelets with beads
 
Carving clay has turned out to be an obsession. It is deeply, deeply satisfying to subtract clay and watch a design emerge. Usually craft art is a sublimation. This is therapy. And I've found a way to translate this technique into my paintings,  assemblages and sculptures.
 
I've been carving clay since early October in preparation for this holiday show. I did not take pictures of the beads assembled into necklaces and earrings - forgot in the rush to make the deadline for delivery - 8 p.m. last evening. A few bracelets are visible in the second photo.
 
What I've discovered is that I love carving clay. Love it! I have now transferred the medium and process to my fine art. fyi: in case my use of "fine art" sounds snobby, "craft art" has a different purpose, hence the adjective). I am in process at this moment of carving a painting for a submission, due this weekend. I will remember to take a photo and post it.
 


Celebrate the holidays with a visit to the Art Barn for the 29th annual Holiday Craft Exhibit & Sale, a distinctly artful experience of original craftwork by dozens of local artists.

Offering an abundance of choices for gift-giving, the show includes jewelry, bowls and vases, holiday cards, clothing, ornaments, and much more. The Holiday Craft Exhibit & Sale is a feast for all the senses, with craftwork in glass, metal, silk, wool, paper, wood, clay, paint, and natural materials.

Holiday Opening Reception

Monday through Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Gallery Stroll
Friday December 7: 6:00 - 9:00 p.m

Craft Show Gallery Hours
Monday through Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m

No comments:

Post a Comment