Artist of the Day: Always Do What You Are Afraid to Do - Melissa Jennings

melissa jennings wordsigiveby

artist bio: These are a few of my favorite things....When I was in college, as an art student, I would cover my dorm room walls with quotes and/or saying that touched me in some way. After college, I entered the workforce. Days merged into weeks, weeks into months, months into years. For years, the cloud of data entry was only lifted, thinking back to quotes from that wall in college. Around September 2011, I found an art medium I had never tried before, linocut block printing. It instantly became a hobby. I was buying more blocks and supplies than I knew what to do with. Shortly after learning to print I found Etsy! Where I realized I could put the energy I had creating new prints to work. What started out as a hobby has become a huge part of my life.
---
I am taking Trancendentalist writer Ralph Waldo Emerson's words as my own.

They are my new mantra until New Years Day 2013.

Every day.
Every single day.
Every day.
I will do the thing I am afraid to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment