Artist of the Day: On the Grid + Zig Zag + Block Abstracts - Melanie Mikecz

on the grid abstract + zig zag abstract + block abstract melanie mikecz twoems

artist bio: I like to consider myself a designer slash starving artist. So that means I only starve half the time (Just kidding. I do eat). In addition to making art, I am also a dog lover and a wannabe ballerina. I specialize in a digital mixed media technique. “What does that mean?” you ask. Well it involves sketching, painting, drawing, scanning, Photoshopping (is that a word?), more painting, possibly some scribbling, more scanning, washing paint out of my hair, and then finally printing on my Epson printer. What it also means is that I have don’t have any originals to sell (boo), only prints (yay!).
---
When I came across San Francisco-based artist Melanie Mikecz paintings, I immediately thought of Gee's Bend quilts, so I featured three of her prints to create a digital quilt.

Aren't they gorgeous!

Wouldn't it be a good idea to collect all of her prints and arrange and frame them on the wall like a pieced quilt!




No comments:

Post a Comment