Artist of the Day: Watercolor World Map No. 11 - Jessica Durrant

watercolor world map no. 11 jessica durrant jessicaillustration

artist bio:  My name is Jessica Durrant and I am a full time freelance illustrator and art instructor from fabulous Las Vegas. I now reside in the beautiful Atlanta area. I studied Illustration at Southern Utah University where I received my Bachelors. I specialize in fashion, travel and lifestyle illustrations.

I feel so happy and grateful to know that things I've created in the comfort of my own home, are being bought and shipped allover the world to awesome Etsy buyers! :)

My work has been seen on QVC.com, Glamour.com, Westfield Malls, Rue Magazine, UK's Livingetc Magazine, The Little Green Notebook, ELLE Brazil, The Glamourai, IN London magazine and publications worldwide. My art is inspired by my passion for all things fashion, my obsession with traveling, Japanese illustration, rock n' roll music, a zillion magazines, and fellow artisans. My favorites include the greats like David Downton, Rene Gruau, Sharon Pinsker and Stina Persson. They heavily inspire me and I've created a few homages to them in my personal work. My website and blog are found here:
http://www.jessicadurrant.com
---
Former Utahn, (she studied art at SUU), and Atlanta, Georgia-based artist, Durrant's world map paintings are a reminder of the beauty of our little home in the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment