Artist of the Day: Anastasia - Ruth Shively

anastasia ruthshively
Artist Bio: born and raised in nebraska, i received my bfa from the university of nebraska in lincoln. with a strong desire to see beyond the plains, i bought a one way ticket to london, traveled a bit and settled in paris for a year. back in the states, i've moved from nyc to portland oregon painting here and there while raising two kids. always fascinated with people and the stories from their faces, my work currently focus' on portraiture and figures in landscape. I recently relocated back to portland oregon where I live with my husband, two children and chester the cat, and newly adopted black lab puppy, Jack.
---
I like the juxtaposition of vulnerability and overt sexuality of this piece. Something about it reminds me of rocker Patti Smith, or perhaps Pat Benatar. Maybe both.

Check out Portland, Oregon based artist Ruth Shively's collection of beautiful oil paintings on her site.

No comments:

Post a Comment