Song of the Day: Waiting for Something - Nada Surf


Waiting for Something

We're all waiting for something.

Waiting for a promotion, for things to get better, the light to turn green, for that special one to love us, for the weekend, for appreciation, for the sun to shine, for your friend to text you back, for the divorce to finally be final.


I am trying very hard to stop waiting, and learn to be present, to be in the now.


Do you have any idea how hard that is? Of course you do, because you're waiting for whatever you're waiting for.

I'm reading Pema Chodron's When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times and although I've heard  and read "now is the only moment" so many times, I'm finally getting that the past is over, done, the future is out there, but the only moment I really have is right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment