Aritst of the Day: Jenny - Tali

Jenny Tali tushtush.etsy.com

It's been a very dry, sepia-colored winter here in my little neck of the desert. Utah just barely inched out of the drought of the last decade and the Great Salt Lake is finally starting to look like herself again. The skiff of snow that fell last night looks like November or December. It's February.

I'm sitting here at my desk watching a dove duke it out with the magpie that is trying to take over the bird feeder I secured to a pine branch. The dove won. Finches crowd the other feeder that I hung from a branch in the Cedar Pine outside my window. I can see that it is getting low. I'll have to pick up more seed and a couple sticky birdseed bricks later today.

What does any of this have to do with the painting? I am pining for spring and this painting reminds me of warm riot-colored flowers, sun tea on the deck, sundress days.

After you've soaked up the brilliant light of Tali's paintings, check out her illustration site at toysa.etsy.com.

Artist Bio:
Hi my name is Tali! I graduated from Bezalel Academy of Art & Design this year!
I am a freelance illustrator living in Tel-Aviv with my boyfriend. I illustrate for magazines and children's books. I love working in many techniques, to take pictures and to dance.

I have a 2nd shop called TOSYA. You can find a different style there. Not realistic, but happy and homour-filled illustrations. http://tosya.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment