Occupy This: "I Just Don't Get It" Collage

I Just Don't Get It - Danna

Satire is what closes on Saturday night.
George S Kaufman

I just don't get it. Jamie Dimon

It's a full week past "Saturday night", but I'm still thinking of Dimon's Marie Antoinette-esque remark (fyi: Marie, never said, Let them eat cake, but the people thought she did and were rankled by the perceived callousness).

I'm rankled.

I like to sublimate my "rankle" into something concrete, like art. Collage is my usual default. I'm a little late posting this collage I made in response to Jamie Dimon's purposely obtuse comment, I just don't get it, in which he conflated Occupy's frustration with banks and corporate greed with anger at the rich for being rich.

Looks like Dimon doesn't get it.

Actually, he gets it, and so does his audience, he's just dissembling for effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment