Artist of the Day: Never Ending Story - Elitza Ouzounova

Never Ending Story, 34 Elitza Ouzounova elitzaOUZ.etsy.com

I was first drawn into Bulgarian artist, Elitza Ouzounova's, shop by her carved wood relief of a bird. I still love it, but lost myself to the layered lotus in Number 34 in her series of printmaking on wood, and would love to know her process. A little screenprinting, a little painting, subtractive scratching, maybe a collage element here and there is my guess.

Artist Bio:
My name is Elitza Ouzounova.
I live and work in Sofia,Bulgaria-Europe.
I am the creator of the art series "Free Time pieces","Never Ending Story" and other.
The tehnique is mixed media on wood, tempera, acryl, bee wax, patina, foil, glass, paper.
I graduated the High School of Applied Art in 1993.
I graduated the National Academy of Fine Arts in Sofia,Bulgaria in 1998 - Master of Arts degree.
I work as a graphic designer in the advertising business, but I feel most happy when painting and create art form from wood. I enjoy combining painting with wood to create different art pieces and art objects.
I find it exciting when I combine the shape and structure of the wood with colors and I do hope to share with you this emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment