Artist of the Day: My Sacred Heart - Suzanne Gonsalez

My Sacred Heart Suzanne Gonsalez
http://ravenwolfgallery.com & ravenwolf.etsy.com

It's the weekend and I decided I needed a strong image to act as guide this last weekend before the holiday. I just cannot get myself worked up to shopshopshop.

Instead, I'd rather search for art that inspires. I just found Grand Forks artist Suzanne Gonsalez. Her layered photos are evocative. I love this sacred heart photo, it's Meso-American influences.

I have a collection of sacred hearts. I texture many of my mixed-media paintings and sculptures with this motif. And in the department of the weird, my laundry room is really my sacred heart room. Hidden among the succulents and orchids are statues of madonnas, and one lapis lazuli sacred heart plaque is visible behind the swollen leaves of a yucca.

Instead of buying meaningless gadgets and stuff, I will search for the perfect gift, a gift from my heart to theirs. Enjoy your weekend.

Artist Bio:
I like viewing the world through my camera lens or, through the veil of art. When faced with obstacles I think outside the box. This also means I am very stubborn, but in a good way. I collect friends for life and have been known to come out fighting for them. I run on instincts and listen to them over facts; I am seldom wrong when I listen to them. I hate narcissists and false flattery; I connect to others that show me their souls.

My art training has awarded me a Master of Fine Arts in Photography and Mixed Media and a job as an Assistant Professor of Art where I teach Photography. I have also won several awards and grants on the national scene for my art. The imagery of my art contains the metaphor of myths and dreams. Using the contemporary framework of my personal history and environment, I explore personal loss, religious and cultural identities as well as the banality of life.

More info on me can be seen on my website at http://ravenwolfgallery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment