Artist of the Day: Pompeii - Emilia Kaminski

Pompeii Emilia Kaminski www.emiliakaminskiart.com

I've been reading about Pompeii the last couple weeks and learned something I missed in my Art History 101 class with Mr. Tibbets, (although I'm certain he covered it)- Pompeii had four separate fresco styles. Lucky for us when Vesuvius blew and buried the city, it preserved the art, and literal world of this ancient city until it was rediscovered some 1700 years later.

If you care to know what they are and see examples, click here. Or about Pompeii and its destruction by volcano here, (be sure to check out Discovery Channel's virtual volcano!

Emilia's painting, to my mind, is influenced by the First Style, also known as encrustation style. To see more of her work check out her website and etsy shop.

Artist Bio:
For many years I have been involved with art and design, and their history and development. I have graduated from the Academy of Visual Arts. Know and unknown artists and designers inspired me to create a new paintings and to develop my abstract skills.

I use different techniques, forms, composition color and emotion in my paintings. I am primarily focused an expressing the qualities, and texture of the painting's surface. I wish to liberate myself from any form and coping reality and nature in my art. I don't want to show the real object, I want to use the colors and forms freely.

I express a wide spectrum of emotions in my abstract art such as despair, ecstasy, resignation and many others.

My paintings can be found in galleries, on-line shops and private corporate collections in many parts of the World.

Presently I collaborate with designers and work as an Abstract artist.

Thank you so much for your attention and interest in my art.

No comments:

Post a Comment