Voodoo Collage - Summer 2011

Minotaur - center panel.

Pomegranate Buddha - lower left panel.

Yellow Spiral Woman - upper right panel.

White Kangaroo - upper left panel.

One of the books I'm reading on writing is Julia Cameron's The Sound of Paper. The first assignment is to create a collage and then write about it.

You may notice that I did not include the lower left panel, which essentially consists of a bare winter tree, a zebra striding forward, a yellow butterfly with superimposed - Buddha eyes, and a half of a blue whale's tail flipper, an an image of a book, Bitter in the Mouth by Monique Truong. I just realized that was the title and author of the book - when I glued it there I did so because I like the image. This panel is spare. I don't want to share it visually here, so this means something under the surface is bump-bumping for my attention. I'll have to figure it out. I think it's the future saying "what are you waiting for, hurry up, come on in, the water's fine." I think I'll go ahead and just jump before somebody gets fed up and pushes me.

The assignment was to create a collage, a snapshot of your unconscious mind and then write about it. I did, but funny thing is that I can't find the notebook. I do remember wriing about opposing forces in my self represented by the swimmer, blue fish, blue whale facing west, while three zebras, ancient bull figure, and a yellow butterfly head east.

No comments:

Post a Comment