Late Iris Blooms of Willow Pine Lane



View of Willow Pine Lane iris.

Daniel Eugene's iris.

Grandfather James Archie's iris.

















Now that I'm on summer vacation, every morning at 6:15 - 6:30 I get out of bed, get the dogs up and out, eat a handful of nuts, call my neighbor to see if she's in town,and then head out to start the first leg of the morning's walk down tree and iris-lined Willow Pine Lane (I'll include photos from the next leg from the City's recently opened walking path later). The blooms are fragrant and so beautiful it feels like I'm in a well-tended park and I have to remind myself that opposite the trees and blooms is regular farm ground; sprawling acres of onions, garlic, melons and potatoes, and alfalfa.

Willow Pine Lane is part of my father's lifelong tree and flower beautification project. I think it's his personal mission in life to plant as many trees and flowers as he's able.

No comments:

Post a Comment