National Poetry Month - 30 Prose Poems in Thirty Days

It's April, the first day of National Poetry Month, despite it being Fool's Day, or perhaps because it is.

Which made me think: The first card in the tarot is the fool, the last is the world. (off to wiki for quick research). There are 22 major arcana, so that covers twenty-two days. I'll just pick eight other cards at random. (dropping by Barnes & Noble to pick up a tarot pack).

The plan: I will begin this month of writing with the fool, ending with the world.

The back story: I really didn't have much of an idea of what I wanted to write about as to theme until a few minutes ago, this is how my brain works. Get an idea, run with it until the car is out of gasoline, so I'll center my prose poems on the major and minor arcana of the tarot. Yesterday I did research on clouds, so I'll incorporate this into the writing as well.

30 Prose Poems in Thirty Days: Tarot, clouds, and whatever else presents itself.

I'll post and edit and re-edit and repost as I work.

No comments:

Post a Comment