An American Thanksgiving with Good Friends

Danna & Avital. Upstairs hallway/book wall(one of my collections of books).

Danna, Curt hiding, Avital, Pablo.

Curt, Danna, Avital & Hagel sculpture w Santa hat.

Curt, Danna, Avital, Pablo.

Park City.

Pablo, Amaris, Avital.

Avital and I have been online friends for at least eight years, but I finally met her (and her fabulous husband Pablo),in real time last week. It was so much fun getting to know them in person and having the opportunity to share my family, one purely American holiday (of thanksgiving & gluttony), and my little corner of the world with them!

Their arrival also ushered in the beginning of winter, which is a beautiful season all across the state.

Although some believe that people who are destined to be friends will meet over a course of a lifetime, thank the gods for the Internet and Zoetrope, because otherwise, I have no idea how we would have ever met each other since they hail from Brazil and I from Utah (perhaps it is possible we would have met on vacation or at a writer's conference).

Avital is a talented and much published writer, and Pablo is an emerging glass artist. (I'll have to come back in later and provide links).

As per usual, I forgot to take one photo, but luckily they sent these.

No comments:

Post a Comment