Trancendence - Guest Poet at Lostmythologies

I'm happy to introduce guest poet, l'chaim. Around this time last year I posted The Guardian's "How to Write a Text Message Poem", and l'chaim and I exchanged text poems. This is from that exchange. Happy reading and please leave comments. Also, read my Text Message How-to post and send me a poem or two.

Transcendence
l'chaim

And as the stones roll and all breathing becomes labored, the
gods, the serpents and the ancestors disperse in silence to the ether;

And I am lost and alone, and slake hollow comfort from the
derisen that others have sojourned this generation ending path countless times before;

And as in nightmares of days gone by, I am swept out upon a
raging sea as treason at last consumes all hope and there is no peace, no shelter and there is no calm;

And the struggle will not cease nor ease and exhaustion devours all strength and i give in to the storm that has depleted and buffeted the spirit of my soul;

And darkness envelopes all thought and the torment disperses
and in rushes the winds of unsettled fury, and my mind is not my own
and for a moment I pray for nothingness and it almost comes;

And then i awake from the induced darkness and still the torment grows louder and Venus knows no rest;

And at last I am broken and as I surrender i quietly slip below the surface and leave the battle for another and almost serenly I am lost to the combatant;

And the generations of Boaz are lost and Yazidis is all that remains: wandering the stark horizon, seeking that which it thought it had found;

And then unexpectedly, a source known but lost lifts the shroud of darkness and parts the ether and bridges the chasim, and the Beauty descends, and a softness not known for ages is tasted and sleep at last is mine and i dream...

And I dream of a strong and firm love, A love that quenches my thirsty soul. I dream of glistening eyes and quivering muscles, And spirits colliding as bodies intertwine in the night. I dream of safety, and peace and love;

And the light comes and i awake on the surface and the sea is calm and the softness and Beauty remain and i am free. And the first shall be last and the last shall be first; and I am whole.

- l'chaim

1 comment:

  1. Danna Loved this poem, esp. the last few paragraphs, makes my mind study the words and thoughts and I think which is good.

    ReplyDelete