How to Write A Found Poem



Directions:

1. Cut random words from magazines.
ii. Order and arrange to create meaning.
iii. Using the words as inspiration, write without editing for fifteen minutes.
iv. Revise the poem until you are happy with it.
v. Put it away for at least a week.
vi. Begin the real writing process: deep revision.

Example:

create
fete
love
grace
favorit
delights
glee
favorite
pleasure
breath
trust
play
romantic
fervor


Deconstructing Myself

I am busy constructing my own myth
weaving the cloth of narratives to drape
over my shoulders and call my life
the loom's warp and weft
holding the threads
a complex pattern emerging

I am busy deconstructing my own myth
pulling the threads from the cloth
like Penelope endlessly at her loom
weaving the funeral cloak
then unraveling the cloth each evening
to stave off the inevitable

I am busy restucturing my own myth
knowing that this life will not be kept waiting
while I dress the loom with a new narrative
that this life waits for no one
not even the dead

No comments:

Post a Comment