It's Never Too Late...

...to be who you might have been. George Elliot

2010 is a new decade. I'm of a very different mind of late concerning what I want to do with my life. What's liberating and just a little unnerving, is that I want a different life. I've finally decided that my time is just that, mine. I really do feel like I've paid my dues. I've taken care of everyone and everything, (I'm not complaining okay), but now it's time to really follow my own bent. My, being the operative word. I've written these declarative sentences in journals and said them so many times, but the timing wasn't right. I don't know that the current circumstance or timing are perfect, but I can hear my voice screaming, do this, do this now! This time, I mean it. I have my own permission to be, do, want, have, enjoy.

Here a a few quotes to get my writing back on track:

Freeing yourself was one thing; claiming ownership of that freed self was another. Toni Morrison

Writing is an exploration. You start from nothing and learn as you go. E. L. Doctorow

With problems you have food for creation. You have material. Satyajit Ray

Find a subject you care about and which you in your heart feel others should care about. Kurt Vonnegut

If you are a writer you locate yourself behind a wall of silence and no matter what you are doing, driving a car or walking or doing housework you can still be writing, because you have that space. Joyce Carol Oates

Your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person, a real person you know, or an imagined person, and write to that one. John Steinbeck

The task of a writer consists in being able to make something out of an idea. Thomas Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment