The Devil You Know: The Writing Life



Bringing the Devil to His Knees: The Craft of Fiction and the Writing Life - Charles Baxter and Peter Turchi
In the department of omg!: the mother of all writing books has arrived (er, it was published in 2001), thankfully, just when light was turning gray and threatening to stay that color, forever! Right after physical therapy and moments prior to dropping sideways into my bed for the evening, I am heading to my local bookstore for this book. I've been off the writing path for longer than I will admit, so don't even ask, and have lacked the energy or enthusiasm to get back on it. Yes, reading about writing is not writing, but I lost my way and have been wandering in the trees and I believe this book is one hell of a breadcrumb to lead the way home. It's utterly ridiculous, but tears are actually stinging the inside of my nose and I'm welling up. Could be the anesthesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment