How to Write a Found Word Poem



Materials:
Magazines
Scissors
Construction paper
Glue sticks

Directions:
Cut out 30-35 interesting words that appeal to you
Arrange and rearrange words until
they communicate a theme, image, meaning
Glue them to paper

I loved the idea of conflating myth with place in the title of my found poem. I constructed this found poem years ago, so it's time I revise and see if I can create a decent poem or flash piece. When I do, I'll post it. Until then I've posted the text of my found poem below:

Icarus Street

Contemporary human dove
Nature's designated mistake
Whose mutilated pigeon arms arms are futiley
Sculpting
The Traditional Victorian artist
Casting
The tell-tale confetti of disaster

We make our time
Gathering around the ocean
And beyond the planet
Searching for modern roots
Only to plunge
Into dazzling white bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment