Black History Month: Muhammad Ali

Muhammad Ali

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.

I remember watching Ali and Howard Cosell verbally spar on television when I was a kid and it wasn't until I was older that I realized that it was an act, that they actually liked each other.

I am a closet boxing fan. It's embarassing to admit to enjoying watching grown men pound the light out of each other. I will admit that since Tyson reinvented himself as boxing's grindhouse Gorgon and went completely off the grid, I haven't been interested in the sweet science. I'd have to google the current heavyweight champion. Instead of watching live boxing, I watch documentaries and films about boxing.

For me, Ali is still the boxer at the center of the sport.

Ali is still the most recognizable man on the planet. Check out the website to see for yourself the man, the boxer, the legend still worthy of being considered The Greatest of all Time

Here's an excerpt from Google books The Soul of a Butterfly : Reflections on Life's Journey

If you haven't seen Ali yet, get it for this weekend.

Check out the history of boxing in America and in Ancient Greece.

No comments:

Post a Comment