Magnet Hands on a Thursday Afternoon

Once a month for the last year, I've gone to Advanced Health Clinic,for a cranial sacral session. Since my first few sessions, I've literally pushed the magnet hands of Ros/Rosalind, on my friends and family. When I explain to friends what the sessions are like, my description is something like, it's like a psychic massage, but it's not a massage and she's not a psychic. Um, it like psychotherapy, but she's not a psychiatrist, but the sessions are incredibly helpful in a way regular talk therapy isn't.

For the last few weeks I've had a terrible pain on the top of my foot which has made it impossible to take my speedwalks around the neigborhood's walking path. These walks are especially good in the early evening since so many migrating birds perch in the trees creekside or forage in the open farmland nearby. Geese, ducks, crows and pheasant are the norm. So are hawks, and sometimes an ibis or two, crane or a heron, and on rare occasion, it's possible to see pelican or an eagle on the path. I never have, but some have claimed they've spotted deer and a red fox. I saw a mink last year, but that was after a group of animal activists released them from the mink farm located nearby, and they ended up on the path, in resident's backyards, everywhere.

My foot got worse. I started wearing flats and flip flops, then I'd get mad and wear heels and limp around all day. I couldn't stretch my foot or make circles. I figured I'd bruised the nerves when I dropped a tiny plate of metal on it when I was cutting and soldering sterling for a ring, and that my castor oil poultice would work its magic like it did to alleviate the old plantar facitis issue years back. It didn't. I wore tennis shoes with skirts, dress pants, whatever, (stylish tennis shoes, but still).

At my session with Ros this week, I told her my foot was bothering me,and within something like 45 seconds her magnet hands had fixed the problem. She said I had blocked energy in my heel and did I know what that was about? Of course not, but I was grateful the pain was gone and more that a little surprised that it was really gone, and even moreso that it hasn't returned. Thursday night I had to show off to my husband and daughter, turning big circles with my foot and humming the bigtop circus tune, you know the one. I don't know why I'm surprised by anything that happens during the sessions, since it's always helpful, even when I leave a little freaked out, or angry, or weepy. After every session I'm more than a little overwhelmed with trying to process what the hell just happened and I wander up to the front desk, make another appointment, then sit in my car without the radio on until I can orient myself back to the direction of my normal life.

I've always been interested in alternative healing and preventative medicine, and what I find most interesting is the alternative medicine measures that were considered healy-feely quackery from only a decade or two ago, (and which, incidentally, were used by healers for centuries,)are now mainstream. Everything old is new again.

No comments:

Post a Comment